universities are among the most well-known educational institutions in the world, and they are also among the largest internationally recognized universities, unlike some other universities, so most students from all over the world want to study in them.
As a result, below we’ll go over the best American universities as well as the requirements for admission to American universities.
What Are The Advantages Of Studying In American Universities?
If we want to talk about the advantages of studying in American universities, we can limit those advantages to about five points, which are as follows:
- American universities have the advantage of specialization, so that the student can choose the specialization he wants by taking exams.
- American universities help their students by giving them a lot of government support.
- American universities use many forms of modern technologies in education, as they avoid traditional forms of study that depend on memorization, but rather are keen on experiments and simulation methods to facilitate the academic content for their students.
- American universities are considered integrated universities that contain all educational, service and recreational facilities such as teaching halls, physical gyms, experiment halls, laboratories, and libraries.
Admission requirements for American universities
There are four conditions for admission to American universities:
First: It is necessary for the student applying to study at the American University to obtain a (high school certificate) or what is known as (Equivalency Diploma-High School) or (H.S.D certificate).
Second: The student must pass the (TOFEL) or (IELTS) test, which is one of the most prominent tests for measuring the level of the English language, but they are two distinct tests that cannot be passed easily without a careful study of the language, and that is why some American universities grant students in other universities some scholarships education to pass and finish one of those tests.
Third: The student must have proof of financial ability, as the nature of study in American universities requires paying an amount of money on an annual basis.
Therefore, the student must prove his ability to pay the costs of the study by submitting a document proving that he has a bank account or what is known as (Financial Statement).
Fourth: American universities require the availability of some documents to complete graduate studies, as they require a CV and a research plan for the subject of study, in addition to the student providing a certificate of experience in the field in which he would like to complete graduate studies and a letter of recommendation from one of the teachers and professors who taught the applicant before.
The most important documents required for admission to American universities
- A copy of the student’s valid passport.
- A completed application form must be submitted.
- Four personal photos of the student wishing to join the American University.
- A recent bank statement (within the last three months) showing that there are sufficient funds to cover personal expenses and at least one full year of academic study (for students in the scholarship program).
- Exceptional certificates for some universities (birth certificate – health certificate).
- An IELTS or TOEFL score is required to demonstrate English language proficiency.
- A photocopy of your visa (if you are currently studying in the USA).
Important note: It should be noted that some universities have additional requirements that vary by university, and any documents that are not in English must be accompanied by an English translation.
The cost of studying in American universities
Most students who want to continue studying abroad, particularly in the United States of America, are concerned about the cost of studying and living there; therefore, we will examine the cost of studying in American universities together below.
- The cost of studying in American universities is about 6000 US dollars per semester.
- The cost of accommodation for the study is approximately $25,000 USD per year, so the value of living in the room for one month ranges from $500 to $700 USD.
- The cost of textbooks is approximately 600 US dollars, and the student requires approximately 4000 dollars as an annual expense, so 300 dollars are allocated to him on a monthly basis.
Best Universities to Study in America 2022
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
It is an institute for the study of technology and various scientific and research fields. It was established in 1861, from which 78 Nobel Prize laureates and many researchers who received the National Medal and Rhodes Scholarship have graduated.
- Stanford University
A university that has many disciplines, the most famous of which is mathematics and computer, was founded in 1891, and includes a large elite of intelligent students. It is one of the universities that ranked second in the world in terms of education, and among its students are the founders of Google and Nike.
- Harvard University
A famous university in which 8 US presidents graduated, and the most important people who graduated from this university are the founder of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg, and many other notable individuals.
- Chicago University
One of the world’s leading academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has pioneered new ways of thinking since its founding in 1890.
Today, the University of Chicago is a destination and intellectual destination that attracts inspirational scholars from all over the world.
- Cornell University
Cornell University was founded in 1865, graduates of Cornell University and its affiliates have risen to many notable and influential positions in politics, media, and the sciences.
- Pennsylvania University
The University of Pennsylvania, founded in 1740 by the famous American inventor and politician Benjamin Franklin, is the fourth-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States.
Today, the University of Pennsylvania is one of the state’s largest private-sector universities, with national and international fame.
- Princeton University
The university was founded in 1746, the university lived through the existence of Albert Einstein and taught there in 1933, and the graduation of American President Ward Wilson, and thus all of this put the university in the lists of the best university in the world.